Director Development - Educating and Preparing Directors for Success
The Director's Challenge
New Directors want to do their best, but some are not aware of what is expected of them or how Boards work. They understand that corporate governance education is important, but many can't afford the time or cost of enrolling in a major program.
We recognize this challenge and offer a variety of training workshops that we tailor to your organization's needs. This training and education focuses on the practical aspects of good governance so Directors acquire tools and techniques to achieve immediate benefits .
Jacques Levesque has developed these insights from working as a successful governance consultant with a variety of clients for 15 years as well as a CEO, Director and Board Chair throughout his career. Our training and development is based on what works, not just theory.
Our Services - Training and Development on:
- Duties of Directors
- Financial Literacy
- Audit Committee Responsibilities and Methods
- Delegation of Authority Policies
- The Board's Role in Strategic Planning
- CEO Performance Management
- Board Meeting Planning and Management
- IT/IS Governance and Cyber-security
- Understanding their roles and responsibilities
Your Results - Your Directors will benefit by:
- Gaining practical skills and knowledge
- Applying good governance best practices in an effective manner
- Identifying opportunities for improvement
- Increasing their confidence
- Contributing more rapidly to the organization
- Team building within the Board
OUR CUSTOMERS SAY IT BEST
"It was very clear to us that Jacques was well qualified and his workshop design and development, and his facilitation skills were outstanding"
Nora M. Kelly, Deputy Minister, New Brunswick Ministry of Health and Wellness.
"Board Members were very engaged with your presentation and insight on the topic. You were able to keep the group energized and interested in the subject at hand and we very much appreciated your guidance. It was a very successful workshop...."
Ann Warren, Chair, Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit